Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Get creative and be inspired to think outside the box with this luxurious Swan Lake wedding theme! You often hear of the enduring and eternal love that sweeps you off your feet, the one we all celebrate with a grand celebration. This Swan Lake wedding shoot, styled by Adorn Invitations,
Over on the blog today,we’re super excited to share the magical & rustic sunflower wedding of Harriet & Rhys. This real wedding was full of fun and surprises including dodgem cars, alpacas, ice cream vans and lots more. All captured by the awesome Laura from Freeformimages Photography. Truly a perfect
We have a galactical wedding shoot for you today, sent into us by the queen of colour, Claire from CRZyBest! It showcases her awesome accessories and a wide range of kick-ass suppliers, with photos by Indigo & Violet and FoyeTography. Claire put a lot of emphasis on being eco-friendly when
“Roads?! Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!” We have a gorgeous retro engagement shoot to share with you today, brilliantly captured by Pink Photographics. Lauren and Tom went about their engagement differently- they planned their wedding before getting engaged! They had their date set, venue booked, MUA and Photographer
An engagement photoshoot doesn’t have to be cheesy or traditional. Corina Photography has written us a wonderful guest blog all about how you can highlight your awesome personalities through photos, YOUR way. Have a read, it features some of her fab photos from a shoot in Brighton. Why would you
Claire Bemister Photography recently sent us some awesome photos from Jasmine and JC’s unique Christchurch wedding. The couple run The Vintage Photo Booth Company, so their wedding was always going to a true, unique reflection of them. We love that they weren’t afraid to do things differently- they were both