Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Sunset colours, majestic scenery and a classic venue, this autumn sunset wedding is a stunner! This styled shoot was sent into us and captured by Misty Isle Photography and we’re loving the outdoor ceremony overlooking the magical views of the Peak District. The team used splashes of red throughout the
Hello, lovely unconventionals! We have the most gorgeous Ancient Egyptian wedding inspiration for you today. It was sent into us by Marcella Cistola Fotografico– all the way from Italy! This shoot is inspired by the grand, luxurious styling of the Ancient Egyptians. Think gold geometry, elegant draping and modern takes
This decadent wedding shoot is moody, passionate, opulent and downright gorgeous! This one comes all the way from Italy, sent into us by Studio Fotografico Bacci, and it exudes classic Italian elegance. Photographer Barbara told us: “The inspiration comes from my personal appreciation for Pre-Raphaelite artists. I love how they
So this is going to a personal one, as I’m writing it from the heart. I was married before back in 2006 and now divorced. I wouldn’t change anything about how I got to this place with my partner Seb who is my world and my rock. But, it did
When you think of rustic wedding styling, you may think of a quaint theme, with bunting, burlap and jam jar fairy lights. Well, this modern barn wedding is re-thinking all of that! Organised and captured by Jessica Lily Photography, this shoot combines rustic elements with modern styling to create a
The home of themed wedding Inspiration We love a themed wedding here at Unconventional Wedding HQ! So, we thought it was about time we pulled together some of our favourite themed wedding inspiration from blogs, weddings and shoots which we’ve featured. We’ve got some popular themed wedding inspiration included such