With the next instalment of the Game of Thrones series just about to start, whether you are a fan of the show or not, you can’t miss it in the media. And it’s a fantastic theme for a wedding day. So check out our top tips below! And don’t forget to come along to see the Fantasy zone at The Unconventional Wedding Festival which is going to be packed with Game of Thrones inspiration as well!
Top tips to acheive this look a Game of Thrones Wedding
Get some wedding day props
Go BIG! Hire some props for your wedding day to really make an impact. Whether it’s a dragon, a throne or you have your wedding day in a castle, they’ll really make an impact. Try your local prop hire shops. Or get imaginative! The dragon (Smooge) in the picture below was borrowed from the local council and is used annually for their St Georges Day parade.
Nail your colour palette
A Game of Thrones wedding needs a rich colour palette with lots of gold, luxurious touches. Go bold with red, stacks of greenery, coloured goblets (charity shops are great for these!), gold accents and luxurious fake furs. Oh, and the odd dragon of course!
Grab your bridal cape!
Whether you are looking for some sheer coverage or the warmth of a hooded velvet cape (see also picture below), there is something for everyone with the addition of bridal cape to your wedding wardrobe. They can also be incredibly detailed, incorporate colour and definitely have the WOW factor!
Go mad on the wedding accessories!
A Game of Thrones themed wedding is wedding accessory heaven! Whether it’s a crown or a gothic inspired headpiece, like the one showed below, you can certainly be a princess for the day. Or pop a hair vine into your intricately styled hair. You could also grab some custom made, wedding shoes which reflect your favourite moments of the series. Which house are you?
Join us on the 11-12 May 2019 at Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire for the most unique wedding showcase in the UK. Dive into our 8 wedding showcase zones including the Fantasy zone, meet our wedding birds of prey, grab lunch from the hog roast and enjoy our banqueting experience. For more information and to purchase tickets click here.
The all important team credits
Gothic Glamour photos – see more by clicking here.
- Styling and Wedding Planner: Linzi from that black & white cat weddings and Unconventional Wedding
- Photographer: Vicki from Vicki Clayson Photography
- Venue: The National Justice Museum
- Bridal wear: Fiona from Fiona Elizabeth Couture
- Flowers: Lucinda from The Flower Fairy
- Make up: Kerry from Beautiful You Beautician & MUA
- Hair: Emma from The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour Nottingham
- Model: Raven Lenore & Mike Rollason
- Millinery / Headpiece: Amy (or Doll) from Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
Game of Thrones / Dragon Photoshoot
- Design and Co-ordination – Linzi & Seb at ‘that black & white cat’ wedding planning, design and prop hire
- Venue – Makeney Hall
- Photographer – Andy Douglas photography
- Dragon – Smooge borrowed from the Derby LIVE team
- Millinery – Amy at Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
- Styling and props – Charlotte at Dylandco
- Models – Saffron and Jake
- Make up – Beth at Bettie Lottie
- Hair by Lauren at Plaits And Pin Curls – Wedding Hair Specialist
- Stationery by Nikki & Tom at Tickled Pink Wedding Stationery
- Styling – Fi at Vintage Fare – Chair Covers & Decor
- Ghost Chairs from Premier UK Events Ltd
Live you own fairytale wedding – see more by clicking here
- Bridal wear – BexBrides
- Photography – Emma Ryan Photography
- Flowers – Floral Quarter Weddings
- Venue – Jervaulx Abbey
- Accessories and Jewellery – The Lucky Sixpence
- Stationery – Made By Rae Designs
- Make up – Alexa Van Pagh MUA
- Hair – Charlotte Riley
- Models: Heather Ellison Jones, Sophie Nattras, Rhianna Lombard-Earl and Natasha Wardman
Over on the blog - more Unique wedding inspiration
This wedding shoot combines ethereal bohemian magic with alternative styling to create a gorgeous, boho punk wedding! Set in a beautiful forest, styled with quirky items and photographed by Cole Photography, you’ll love this wedding inspiration! A handfasting ceremony by Helen Jubb Celebrant How To style a boho punk wedding
Today we have a super cool and colourful wedding shoot for you, captured by Florence Berry Photography. It features two kick ass brides, a mustang, a vintage ice cream tricycle, the UK’s biggest donut wall with an epic balloon installation! It’s set against the stunning Kent countryside and the stark
We have a dream-like real wedding for you today, snapped by the fabulous Vicki Clayson Photography. Lydia and Seth had a beautiful, bohemian woodland wedding and we just had to share the photos with you! From the campervan arrival to the intimate ceremony, this woodland wedding shows how simple can
We’re loving this rustic, DIY Farm Wedding, captured by Lightbox Studios. This styled shoot was created with the idea of ‘making something out of nothing’ and I think it’s fair to say they smashed it! Wedding Coordinator Tasha-Mae shares her DIY tips for adding creative touches to your wedding, and
We have a galactical wedding shoot for you today, sent into us by the queen of colour, Claire from CRZyBest! It showcases her awesome accessories and a wide range of kick-ass suppliers, with photos by Indigo & Violet and FoyeTography. Claire put a lot of emphasis on being eco-friendly when
“Roads?! Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!” We have a gorgeous retro engagement shoot to share with you today, brilliantly captured by Pink Photographics. Lauren and Tom went about their engagement differently- they planned their wedding before getting engaged! They had their date set, venue booked, MUA and Photographer