With the next instalment of the Game of Thrones series just about to start, whether you are a fan of the show or not, you can’t miss it in the media. And it’s a fantastic theme for a wedding day. So check out our top tips below! And don’t forget to come along to see the Fantasy zone at The Unconventional Wedding Festival which is going to be packed with Game of Thrones inspiration as well!
Top tips to acheive this look a Game of Thrones Wedding
Get some wedding day props
Go BIG! Hire some props for your wedding day to really make an impact. Whether it’s a dragon, a throne or you have your wedding day in a castle, they’ll really make an impact. Try your local prop hire shops. Or get imaginative! The dragon (Smooge) in the picture below was borrowed from the local council and is used annually for their St Georges Day parade.
Nail your colour palette
A Game of Thrones wedding needs a rich colour palette with lots of gold, luxurious touches. Go bold with red, stacks of greenery, coloured goblets (charity shops are great for these!), gold accents and luxurious fake furs. Oh, and the odd dragon of course!
Grab your bridal cape!
Whether you are looking for some sheer coverage or the warmth of a hooded velvet cape (see also picture below), there is something for everyone with the addition of bridal cape to your wedding wardrobe. They can also be incredibly detailed, incorporate colour and definitely have the WOW factor!
Go mad on the wedding accessories!
A Game of Thrones themed wedding is wedding accessory heaven! Whether it’s a crown or a gothic inspired headpiece, like the one showed below, you can certainly be a princess for the day. Or pop a hair vine into your intricately styled hair. You could also grab some custom made, wedding shoes which reflect your favourite moments of the series. Which house are you?
Join us on the 11-12 May 2019 at Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire for the most unique wedding showcase in the UK. Dive into our 8 wedding showcase zones including the Fantasy zone, meet our wedding birds of prey, grab lunch from the hog roast and enjoy our banqueting experience. For more information and to purchase tickets click here.
The all important team credits
Gothic Glamour photos – see more by clicking here.
- Styling and Wedding Planner: Linzi from that black & white cat weddings and Unconventional Wedding
- Photographer: Vicki from Vicki Clayson Photography
- Venue: The National Justice Museum
- Bridal wear: Fiona from Fiona Elizabeth Couture
- Flowers: Lucinda from The Flower Fairy
- Make up: Kerry from Beautiful You Beautician & MUA
- Hair: Emma from The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour Nottingham
- Model: Raven Lenore & Mike Rollason
- Millinery / Headpiece: Amy (or Doll) from Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
Game of Thrones / Dragon Photoshoot
- Design and Co-ordination – Linzi & Seb at ‘that black & white cat’ wedding planning, design and prop hire
- Venue – Makeney Hall
- Photographer – Andy Douglas photography
- Dragon – Smooge borrowed from the Derby LIVE team
- Millinery – Amy at Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
- Styling and props – Charlotte at Dylandco
- Models – Saffron and Jake
- Make up – Beth at Bettie Lottie
- Hair by Lauren at Plaits And Pin Curls – Wedding Hair Specialist
- Stationery by Nikki & Tom at Tickled Pink Wedding Stationery
- Styling – Fi at Vintage Fare – Chair Covers & Decor
- Ghost Chairs from Premier UK Events Ltd
Live you own fairytale wedding – see more by clicking here
- Bridal wear – BexBrides
- Photography – Emma Ryan Photography
- Flowers – Floral Quarter Weddings
- Venue – Jervaulx Abbey
- Accessories and Jewellery – The Lucky Sixpence
- Stationery – Made By Rae Designs
- Make up – Alexa Van Pagh MUA
- Hair – Charlotte Riley
- Models: Heather Ellison Jones, Sophie Nattras, Rhianna Lombard-Earl and Natasha Wardman
Over on the blog - more Unique wedding inspiration
Today we’d like to share with you a gorgeous ‘Greatest Showman’ Wedding! This fun shoot, co-ordinated by Gina Fernandes Photography and Nicole Hope Smith Wedding Fayres, shows how you can put your own twist on a theme to make your wedding day one of a kind. She chose to include
Your wedding entertainment can be one of the most memorable parts of your big day, whether it’s music, mini golf or belly dancers. Entertainment brings guests together from both sides of the family and can create unforgettable memories, so don’t forget about this aspect when wedding planning! It’s also one
A fairy-tale wedding is a dream for many, but are you wanting something a little different from the traditional? Today’s blog is all about taking a classic look and adding personal touches, to create your own alterative fairy-tale wedding. Daniella from Magpie Event Planning aims to dispel the notion that
Have you ever considered eloping for your wedding? Going on an adventure and returning as a married couple? This gorgeous, romanticwedding shoot, captured by Emma Ryan, is making us want to run away and get hitched! We asked our lovely community of wedding suppliers their best elopement wedding tips, and
Vic and Rich are the proud owners of Little Orchard Alpaca Farm in East Devon. In January 2018, Vic proposed to Rich on Charmouth Beach with ‘Will you marry me?’ written on one side of a little rock and his name on the other. It made perfect sense to incorporate
Today we’re talking all about first dances on your wedding day! They’re often an overlooked aspect of wedding planning, however they can really reflect your personalities and add an exciting touch to the big day. Ellen is a dance teacher from Yorkshire Wedding Dance and has been choreographing first dances