Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
underground weddingat the caves Hayleigh and Scott waited 4 whole years for their showstopping underground wedding afterparty! After legally tying the knott during Covid, they decided that 2023 was the year to finally have a big celebration at The Caves in Edinburgh. Their big day was filled with mood lighting,
black & white wedding Discover this chic black and white wedding inspiration that strikes the perfect balance between classy and edgy. Located in the stunning Tuscany, Deni Weddings & Events crafted an intimate elopement shoot, blending classic wedding elements with a touch of intriguing darkness. Dive into the details and
modern gothic wedding This modern Gothic wedding is an absolute beauty! This gem was sent into us by Foxglove & Black and we ADORE the rich burgundy, skull details and subtle pagan influences. If you’re looking for a wedding that’s equally sophisticated and elegant as it is dark and moody,
RAINBOW BARN WEDDING Get ready to smile because this rainbow barn wedding is SO full of joy! Rachael and Kev tied the knot at The Wellbeing Farm in Bolton, and they filled their day with colour and personal touches. Kirsty Rockett Photography took these colourful wedding photos and we can’t
Autumnal WiccanWedding Spirituality meets celebration in this gorgeous autumnal Wiccan wedding. Ashleigh and Daniel combined the badass spirit of halloween with a rustic, bohemian softness – the result was a gorgeous, whimsical wedding with a killer autumn colour palette. From pumpkins galore to fire pits and broomsticks, keep reading to
colourful celestial WEDDING We have a wonderfully witchy celebration for you today! Feast your eyes upon David and Stefania’s colourful celestial wedding featuring tarot-inspired stationery, a jewel-tone colour scheme and a gorgeous moon wedding cake. This day was photographed by Jodie Mitchell Photography and planned by Get Wed. You don’t