Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Getting married in the 2020s? Why not throw it back to the roaring 20s with a Great Gatsby Wedding? Think bold, glamorous and flamboyant! This blog, featuring photos by Emma Stokes Photography, is full of fabulous wedding inspiration. A talented group of wedding suppliers joined forces to bring the Great
The ombré wedding dress trend has been one of our favourites this year. Spicing up a bridal look with a splash of colour is always up our street! This rainbow ombré wedding shoot is simply stunning, planned by Lets Bee Together and sent into us by Sunkissed Ceremonies. It’s bright
These awesome, relaxed wedding photos were sent into us by The Dignums Photography, and they instantly made me smile! Heather and John’s wedding was definitely one I wish I’d attended, with lots of dancing, drinking and hilarious antics. The relaxed vibe really shines through in the photos, and the couple
We LOVE the energy, love and colour captured in this Fusion Wedding. Kat and Brian took conventional parts of both English and Indian weddings and mixed them up to make a fun, spiritual, and welcoming wedding! This beautiful fusion of culture, captured by Michael Briggs, was truly a day to
We were sent in this quirky rainbow wedding shoot by Matt Glover Photography, and it instantly made us smile! These photos capture so much fun and love, and we ADORE a splash of colour. If you’re considering a fun and colourful wedding, you’re in the right place! https://vimeo.com/333545896 How to
This wedding shoot combines ethereal bohemian magic with alternative styling to create a gorgeous, boho punk wedding! Set in a beautiful forest, styled with quirky items and photographed by Cole Photography, you’ll love this wedding inspiration! A handfasting ceremony by Helen Jubb Celebrant How To style a boho punk wedding