Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Black is back and this time it’s making a splash in the wedding scene! You may have never considered a black wedding dress, but we’re here to say ‘why the hell not?’ Black is bold, powerful and assertive – just how you want to feel on your wedding day, right?
We love a good elopement here at UW! This alternative forest wedding is romantic and free spirited, with edgy boho styling and warm autumnal tones. This was sent into us by our lovely member Sammy Lea’s Retro Emporium, and captured by Photography By Wills. With a handfasting ceremony, smoke bombs
What happens when you take a Shakesperian play, some enchanting woods and a beautiful couple? This romantic woodland wedding shoot is gorgeous and full of poetic symbolism. Set in the ethereal grounds of Mount Ephraim Gardens, this shoot embraced a modern take on ‘A Mid-Summer Nights Dream’, incorporating whimsical greenery
We’re talking about MUSIC this week on Unconventional Wedding. It is the ultimate communicator, time marker and unifier. It’s also a big part of your wedding! Now, we’re not going to tell you what songs to play on your big day. However, we do have some unique wedding wear inspiration
Its MUSIC WEEK here on Unconventional Wedding! All week we’ll be sharing our favourite music themed wedding inspiration on our blog and our Instagram, and we’re very excited about it! Music has had an indisputable effect on fashion and culture. What we wear represents who we are and what we
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, which is the fairest wedding of them all? We have some magic for you today. This alternative fairytale wedding, organised by Tribe Member Charlotte Laurie Designs, is a real beauty! Think: Snow White with a dark twist. With earthy decor, real life owls and a