Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Have you dreamed of a Star Wars wedding day? From having Storm Troopers walk you down the aisle to having a light saber fight on your wedding day – there are loads of ways to incorporate Star Wars inspiration into your wedding day. Check out our top tips below! Feature
All the way from Turin, Italy, we have some BADASS wedding photos for you today. This modern industrial wedding combines a quirky location with a bright pop feel and also a rock and roll edginess. When we saw this styled shoot by Giada Joey Cazzola, we just had to get
Photographer Hayley Gell described this gothic city wedding shoot as ‘one giant f*ck you to covid’. We were instantly hooked! This pandemic has forced us to do things differently and find new ways to do what was once the norm. As Unconentionals, we love the challenge. Seeing all of the
This colourful pastel wedding is CUTE. We’re loving the holographic materials, unicorns, bright flowers and disco balls! This quirky styled shoot was sent into us by Wedding Factory and photographed by DKWP. We think you’re gonna love this bold and playful wedding styling! Keep scrollin’ for more loveliness! how to
We’re huge festival lovers here at UW, so this styled shoot is making our hearts sing! This fun festival wedding shoot took place at Jimmy’s Farm in Ipswitch and is the brainchild of Louie Donovan Photography and Lou from Festival Weddings. It combines rock and disco styles into the ultimate
This unique barn wedding is bright, bold and blimmin’ gorgeous. Featuring some killer wedding flowers, alternative wedding styling and the yummiest looking grazing table we’ve ever seen, we think you’re gonna love this one! This shoot was put together and captured by Florence Berry Photography at Oak Tree Barn Weddings