Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Hello hello! Today’s blog is an absolute booby dazzler. We bring you Rebecca & Tristan’s fun Wedding EXTRAVAGANZA. This spectacular celebration spanned 3 days and 2 continents! Featuring a Tardis suit, a Dalek wedding cake, a jaunt around London, a dinosaur suit, and fairground games! Our little wedding-enthusiast heads are
Happy Friggin’ New Year! 2021, baby. We made it. We’re back from our mulled wine induced hibernation! Our first blog of the year is a beautiful winter elopement captured by Freeformimages. Luci & Alex’s simple wedding demonstrates how you can still have a super special day despite restrictions (screw you,
It’s that time of year where we look back at what’s happened in 2020 and our top alternative wedding blogs! There are always a few surprises in there! And a few you kinda knew would be up there! It always takes us a little time to choose the one photo
We’re feeling superrrr festive here at UW! It looks like we’re set for a slightly different Christmas after this rollercoaster of a year, so we keep counting our blessings and spreading as much wedding magic as possible, hoping to keep you inspired and hopeful! This Christmas micro wedding is a
We have some bohemian brilliance to share with you today! This boho luxe wedding is captivating and bright yet rustic and earthy. In the midst of uncertainty and panic, with delayed weddings left right and center, this shoot demonstrates how simple it can be to bring a team of local
How do you apply industrial, urban trends to a traditionally bohemian forest setting? This modern woodland wedding inspiration is the perfect example! This shoot, by Alessandro Piolanti, and Illy Elizabeth Weddings is romantic and dreamy with a creative and trendy twist. These photos are warm and bright, with beautiful wedding