Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
This modern city elopement is the COOLEST shoot we’ve seen in a while! Featuring badass wedding wear, pink street art and an epic London backdrop, this one’s gonna give you alllll the inspirations. This one was brought to life by Kirsty Mackenzie Photography and Rock The Dancefloor. Check it out
We have some retro-meets-modern fabulousness for you today! This disco wedding is fun, bright, and straight-up grooovyyyyyy, baby! This stunner was created by All Her Glory Designs, In Bloom and Hannah Brooke Photography. Keep scrolling & blast some disco tunes to get the full experience! how to recreate this disco
This alternative celestial wedding was sent to us all the way from France, and we are LOVING the love story. The ‘To The Stars’ theme ties in both ethereal and earthly elements to celebrate a union in a timeless yet quirky style. This shoot was put together by Oui Mon
What do you get when you plan a wedding that combines golf buggies, hobbit houses, and a horse? This rustic festival wedding inspiration will show you! This gorgeous shoot was coordinated by Grace In Spring Weddings and captured by Lucy Alexandra Photography. It’s giving us ‘laid-back festival afternoon’ vibes &
This is a wedding for the wild at heart! This road trip wedding inspiration is free-spirited, fun, and pretty badass. You’re gonna love these photos by Magpie Eye Photography. Warning – may make you want to rent a Chevvy, run away, and get hitched! how to rock a road trip
We are absolutely loving this wedding ceremony inspiration, sent into us by Willow & Rust. This country garden wedding at Newstead Abbey combines a wild bohemian spirit with a historical venue to create something gorgeous! These photos are by Hannah Shearman Photography and we think you’re gonna love them. how