Today we’re talking about one of my favourite things… Rainbows! Goble Photography has sent us in the most colourful styled shoot we’ve ever seen, and we’re in love! It perfectly demonstrates how to create a unique rainbow wedding that really speaks for itself! It also doubles as a beautiful Pride celebration.
Pastels are your new best friend
There’s a fine line between ‘colourful’ and ‘explosion in a paint factory’. Trying to tastefully incorporate every colour into your rainbow wedding décor can be overwhelming. Your simple solution- pastels! Pastel colours always look great together, and they’re super pretty! They’re easier on the eye than bright colours, so you can use lots of them to create a more mellow rainbow. Pastel ties, accessories, flowers, jackets… you can’t go wrong!
Your Venue Is Your Canvas
View your venue as a blank canvas, for you to cover in colour! The simpler the background, the better. With a busy background and crazy decorations, things can start to look messy. Tipis always make great backdrops. You can pick up paper lanterns, ribbon and bunting for next to nothing, and quirky props/table decorations can be found in high street stores. Personally, I strongly believe you can never go wrong with a few fairy lights!
A unique rainbow wedding dress code
If you’d like your wedding to be a big, colourful celebration, make sure your guests get the memo! They could incorporate a little rainbow (or the pride flag) into their outfits, or go all out with the bold colours! You could have different coloured bridesmaid dresses, or a face painting station to add even more colour.
Have fun! Don't be shy...
Rainbows represent unity, acceptance and happiness. Keep these values at heart when planning a rainbow wedding! If you want to add something or have an idea, just roll with it! Stay true to you and what you like, and you’ll have a wedding that truly represents you! Be unapologetic, because your guests are there to celebrate your uniqueness and your love.
All of the fab suppliers that contributed to this shoot are listed at the bottom of the photo gallery. Be sure to check them out!
The team behind this beautiful, unique rainbow wedding
- Photographer – Goble Photography: goblephotography.co.uk
- Venue – Bignor Park: bignorpark.co.uk
- Tent/Marquee, Chairs & Trestle Tables – Tents’n’Events: tentsnevents.co.uk
- Ice Cream Van – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream Vans & Tricycles: pinks-vintage-icecream.co.uk
- Videographer – 2408 Films: 2408films.co.uk
- Bell Tents – Beautiful Bells: beautiful-bells.co.uk
- Male suits – Astares Menswear: astares.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Oh My Honey: ohmyhoney.co.uk
- Leather Jackets – Paige Joanna: paigejoanna.co.uk
- Female Suit – Hemingway Tailors: hemingwaytailors.co.uk
- Make-up Artist- Kiri Make Up Artists: kirimua.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – House of Hair:
- Venue stylist, Stables – The Beautiful Day: thebeautifulday.co.uk
- Venue stylist – Pole Tent – Colour Pop Occasions: colourpopoccasions.com
- Florist – Nell’s Florist: nellsflowers.co.uk
- Rings – Dymond Jewellery: dymondjewellery.co.uk
- Celebrant – Creating Ceremony: creatingceremony.com
- Transport – Deluxe Wedding Cars: deluxeweddingcars.co.uk
- Wedding Cake – Kasserina Cakes: kasserina.com
- Stationary – Charlotte Wilson Design: charlottewilsondesign.com
- Guest Book – The Fabulous Fingerprint Company: fabulousfingerprintcompany.co.uk
- Table Ware – Co-Ordination Catering Hire: co-ordination.net
- Generator – Toddy Power: Mike Todd, tentsnevents.co.uk/toddy-power
Over on the blog - more alternative wedding inspiration
Oh my goodness we are SO excited to share this retro industrial wedding shoot with you! Featuring a real couple in coloured suits, a jaw-dropping flower cape, disco balls, unique props and quirky wedding styling, put simply – it’s friggin’ gorgeous. This one was sent in by Pretty Vintage Hire
Smoke grenades, ribbons, lanterns, candy floss, glitter, fire breathing and a boat bar… What more could you want? This colourful summer wedding is full of Ibiza inspired festival vibes and we’re loving it! Pink Photographics sent us this epic inspiration and if we had to sum it up in one
Don’t **** with the Peaky Blinders! This shoot is an epic one. This Peaky Blinders wedding is a brilliant ‘1920s meets 2020s’ reimagining of the show and the era. Featuring gangster groomsmen, gorgeous bridesmaids and a 1920s power couple, you’re gonna love this themed wedding inspiration. This shoot was coordinated
Did anyone else join the lockdown house plant craze? We sure did! This dark tropical wedding at Sneaton Castle is lighting up our plant-loving hearts! This shoot, captured by Paylor Photography mixes neon lights with tropical foliage to create a dark and sumptuous wedding scene. These photos prove that you
This alternative Viking wedding is truly BADASS. From an axe-wielding bride to skulls and mountains, this shoot will make you want to elope into the wilderness! This concept for this shoot was (literally) dreamed up by Julie of The Red Rose Cake Company, coordinated by Bouquet & Bells, and photographed
Are you looking for bright & fresh wedding inspiration? You’re in the right place! This modern boho wedding at Wollaton Hall is full of bright pops of colour, sleek touches & soft bohemian finishes. These two epic brides, photographed by Pink Photographics are absolutely rocking it. You’re gonna love this