If you want to submit a real wedding or blog to be featured on Unconventional Wedding then you are in the right place! We accept photoshoot from ‘Unconventional’ wedding suppliers too. We’d love to hear from you!
OUR EASY PEASY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Here are some pointers to submit a real wedding or blog to our site!
- Let us know who you are, what you do and where you are based
- A short description of what you are submitting and why its ‘Unconventional’
- Include a link to a dropbox folder, or similar, with ideally 10-20 photos. Please don’t send photos direct to our inbox as it clogs it up!
- We love new and exclusive content so you’ll need to tell us if the content has already been featured on another wedding blog or in another wedding publication. If you’ve already had it published elsewhere it doesn’t mean we won’t feature your work we’ll just have to understand where the material has been shared to date. We ask for exclusivity at the point we publish your content
- Its absolutely ok if any photos have already been published on your own website or social media
- Please ensure you have the permission of all relevant parties to use the photos – most importantly the couple and photographer (as relevant)
- We prefer colour – but we do feature some black & white photos!
- Any written content submitted must be unique – please don’t send us copies of previous content you might have written or submitted to other blogs. Replication of content is not good for anyone.
Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise we will look at every submission sent to us and you’ll usually receive a response within 72 hours. If there is a delay we’re most likely drinking cocktails on holiday but please do chase us just in case its got lost in the inbox or the dreaded spam folder!
If successful you’ll then need to send us
- All the photos relating to your submission. They all should be web-sized
- No watermarks on the photos please – they simply just don’t look good on our website!
- Full credits for all those involved in any photos – this should include name, business name, website link and facebook / instagram tags. This should be sent in Word or similar editable format
THE LEGAL BIT
By submitting to us you need to accept our terms and conditions – you can view them by clicking here. As per these T&C’s we reserve the right to edit your submission and may contact you for more details if required.
Alternative wedding inspiration and advice
Have you dreamed of a Star Wars inspired wedding day? From having Storm Troopers walk you down the aisle to having a light saber fight on your wedding day – there are loads of ways to incorporate Star Wars inspiration into your wedding day. Check out our top tips below!
Proposal season is upon us, and magic is in the air! This festive engagement wedding inspiration, from Victoria Taylor Makeup, features a beautiful, curious fairy, sprinkling her Christmas magic. This whimsical styled shoot, shot by Laura Beresford, will give you all those Christmassy feels, and some winter wedding inspiration. A Christmas
Over on the blog today,we’re super excited to share the magical & rustic sunflower wedding of Harriet & Rhys. This real wedding was full of fun and surprises including dodgem cars, alpacas, ice cream vans and lots more. All captured by the awesome Laura from Freeformimages Photography. Truly a perfect
Need a wedding superhero? Check out our awesome supplier tribe members
I am an alternative wedding planner in Devon who specialises in themed, alternative and quirky weddings. I love demonstrating a couple’s passions in their wedding day however peculiar they may be. I think at the end of everyone’s wedding day, guests should be able to say “it was so them”!
I love nothing more than capturing the most special moments of your big day.
I specialise in creating beautiful, natural documentary style wedding photography that you’ll look back on with joy and happiness for the rest of your life. I adore capturing those moments that tell your story, the tears, the hysterical laughter, and the close embraces.
Hi I’m Tracy and with my partner Justin we own and run The Mane Bar ‘Mabel’. The perfect horsebox bar for your wedding or special occassion. We supply a full selection of drinks including bottled beer, cider, spirits and soft drinks. Specialising in Gin and Prosecco, we have a ‘Pimp