If you want to submit a real wedding or blog to be featured on Unconventional Wedding then you are in the right place! We accept photoshoot from ‘Unconventional’ wedding suppliers too. We’d love to hear from you!
OUR EASY PEASY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Here are some pointers to submit a real wedding or blog to our site!
- Let us know who you are, what you do and where you are based
- A short description of what you are submitting and why its ‘Unconventional’
- Include a link to a dropbox folder, or similar, with ideally 10-20 photos. Please don’t send photos direct to our inbox as it clogs it up!
- We love new and exclusive content so you’ll need to tell us if the content has already been featured on another wedding blog or in another wedding publication. If you’ve already had it published elsewhere it doesn’t mean we won’t feature your work we’ll just have to understand where the material has been shared to date. We ask for exclusivity at the point we publish your content
- Its absolutely ok if any photos have already been published on your own website or social media
- Please ensure you have the permission of all relevant parties to use the photos – most importantly the couple and photographer (as relevant)
- We prefer colour – but we do feature some black & white photos!
- Any written content submitted must be unique – please don’t send us copies of previous content you might have written or submitted to other blogs. Replication of content is not good for anyone.
Send the above to email@example.com. We promise we will look at every submission sent to us and you’ll usually receive a response within 72 hours. If there is a delay we’re most likely drinking cocktails on holiday but please do chase us just in case its got lost in the inbox or the dreaded spam folder!
If successful you’ll then need to send us
- All the photos relating to your submission. They all should be web-sized
- No watermarks on the photos please – they simply just don’t look good on our website!
- Full credits for all those involved in any photos – this should include name, business name, website link and facebook / instagram tags. This should be sent in Word or similar editable format
THE LEGAL BIT
By submitting to us you need to accept our terms and conditions – you can view them by clicking here. As per these T&C’s we reserve the right to edit your submission and may contact you for more details if required.
Alternative wedding inspiration and advice
Elopment weddings are increasingly popular as lots of couples decide to go overseas for their dream wedding day. But what about a New York Wedding? What about getting married in Central Park, New York? Over to Claire Ady who is a wedding planner from Weddings in Central Park to give
If you come to me and say that you have based a styled rainbow wedding shoot inspired by unicorns then you are pretty much on a winner from the very beginning! So I’m super excited to share this styled wedding shoot at the Northstar Club, York, inspired by unicorns, rainbows
We’re huge fans of doing your own thing here at ‘Unconventional Wedding’, so when the Colour of the Year 2019 was announced we couldn’t help be a little disappointed at Living Coral. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen the colour Coral integrated into loads of weddings including epic tie