With the next instalment of the Game of Thrones series just about to start, whether you are a fan of the show or not, you can’t miss it in the media. And it’s a fantastic theme for a wedding day. So check out our top tips below! And don’t forget to come along to see the Fantasy zone at The Unconventional Wedding Festival which is going to be packed with Game of Thrones inspiration as well!
Top tips to acheive this look a Game of Thrones Wedding
Get some wedding day props
Go BIG! Hire some props for your wedding day to really make an impact. Whether it’s a dragon, a throne or you have your wedding day in a castle, they’ll really make an impact. Try your local prop hire shops. Or get imaginative! The dragon (Smooge) in the picture below was borrowed from the local council and is used annually for their St Georges Day parade.
Nail your colour palette
A Game of Thrones wedding needs a rich colour palette with lots of gold, luxurious touches. Go bold with red, stacks of greenery, coloured goblets (charity shops are great for these!), gold accents and luxurious fake furs. Oh, and the odd dragon of course!
Grab your bridal cape!
Whether you are looking for some sheer coverage or the warmth of a hooded velvet cape (see also picture below), there is something for everyone with the addition of bridal cape to your wedding wardrobe. They can also be incredibly detailed, incorporate colour and definitely have the WOW factor!
Go mad on the wedding accessories!
A Game of Thrones themed wedding is wedding accessory heaven! Whether it’s a crown or a gothic inspired headpiece, like the one showed below, you can certainly be a princess for the day. Or pop a hair vine into your intricately styled hair. You could also grab some custom made, wedding shoes which reflect your favourite moments of the series. Which house are you?
Join us on the 11-12 May 2019 at Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire for the most unique wedding showcase in the UK. Dive into our 8 wedding showcase zones including the Fantasy zone, meet our wedding birds of prey, grab lunch from the hog roast and enjoy our banqueting experience. For more information and to purchase tickets click here.
The all important team credits
Gothic Glamour photos – see more by clicking here.
- Styling and Wedding Planner: Linzi from that black & white cat weddings and Unconventional Wedding
- Photographer: Vicki from Vicki Clayson Photography
- Venue: The National Justice Museum
- Bridal wear: Fiona from Fiona Elizabeth Couture
- Flowers: Lucinda from The Flower Fairy
- Make up: Kerry from Beautiful You Beautician & MUA
- Hair: Emma from The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour Nottingham
- Model: Raven Lenore & Mike Rollason
- Millinery / Headpiece: Amy (or Doll) from Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
Game of Thrones / Dragon Photoshoot
- Design and Co-ordination – Linzi & Seb at ‘that black & white cat’ wedding planning, design and prop hire
- Venue – Makeney Hall
- Photographer – Andy Douglas photography
- Dragon – Smooge borrowed from the Derby LIVE team
- Millinery – Amy at Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
- Styling and props – Charlotte at Dylandco
- Models – Saffron and Jake
- Make up – Beth at Bettie Lottie
- Hair by Lauren at Plaits And Pin Curls – Wedding Hair Specialist
- Stationery by Nikki & Tom at Tickled Pink Wedding Stationery
- Styling – Fi at Vintage Fare – Chair Covers & Decor
- Ghost Chairs from Premier UK Events Ltd
Live you own fairytale wedding – see more by clicking here
- Bridal wear – BexBrides
- Photography – Emma Ryan Photography
- Flowers – Floral Quarter Weddings
- Venue – Jervaulx Abbey
- Accessories and Jewellery – The Lucky Sixpence
- Stationery – Made By Rae Designs
- Make up – Alexa Van Pagh MUA
- Hair – Charlotte Riley
- Models: Heather Ellison Jones, Sophie Nattras, Rhianna Lombard-Earl and Natasha Wardman
Over on the blog - more Unique wedding inspiration
Hello, lovely unconventionals! We have the most gorgeous Ancient Egyptian wedding inspiration for you today. It was sent into us by Marcella Cistola Fotografico– all the way from Italy! This shoot is inspired by the grand, luxurious styling of the Ancient Egyptians. Think gold geometry, elegant draping and modern takes
When you think of rustic wedding styling, you may think of a quaint theme, with bunting, burlap and jam jar fairy lights. Well, this modern barn wedding is re-thinking all of that! Organised and captured by Jessica Lily Photography, this shoot combines rustic elements with modern styling to create a
It’s been a pretty awesome year at Unconventional Wedding HQ. We’ve been super privileged to share some amazing real weddings and shoots with you. All of them showing off the very best in the UK’s alternative wedding industry. So as we reach the end of 2019 (our first full year
This wild wedding is all about freedom, simplicity and style! Imagine grabbing your partner’s hand, whisking them away into the great outdoors, and getting hitched! When Karen Faulkner from Stand Out Ceremonies sent us this shoot, she explained to us the concept of ‘micro-weddings’ and the beautiful simplicity they entail.
We love a unique wedding venue here at UW, and this brilliant wedding features TWO! Lina and Tom Photography captured Richelle & Tom’s quirky wedding day, ensuring the couple received images which celebrated the venues they chose as well as a nodding to their self-confessed geeky nature. The couple had
Today we’d like to introduce you to one of our favourite unique wedding fairs- Tying The Nott! This photoshoot sums up what they’re all about – fun, creativity and ‘thinking outside the box’. They also feature quite a few of our awesome supplier tribe members. We sponsored Tying the Nott