With the next instalment of the Game of Thrones series just about to start, whether you are a fan of the show or not, you can’t miss it in the media. And it’s a fantastic theme for a wedding day. So check out our top tips below! And don’t forget to come along to see the Fantasy zone at The Unconventional Wedding Festival which is going to be packed with Game of Thrones inspiration as well!
Top tips to acheive this look a Game of Thrones Wedding
Get some wedding day props
Go BIG! Hire some props for your wedding day to really make an impact. Whether it’s a dragon, a throne or you have your wedding day in a castle, they’ll really make an impact. Try your local prop hire shops. Or get imaginative! The dragon (Smooge) in the picture below was borrowed from the local council and is used annually for their St Georges Day parade.
Nail your colour palette
A Game of Thrones wedding needs a rich colour palette with lots of gold, luxurious touches. Go bold with red, stacks of greenery, coloured goblets (charity shops are great for these!), gold accents and luxurious fake furs. Oh, and the odd dragon of course!
Grab your bridal cape!
Whether you are looking for some sheer coverage or the warmth of a hooded velvet cape (see also picture below), there is something for everyone with the addition of bridal cape to your wedding wardrobe. They can also be incredibly detailed, incorporate colour and definitely have the WOW factor!
Go mad on the wedding accessories!
A Game of Thrones themed wedding is wedding accessory heaven! Whether it’s a crown or a gothic inspired headpiece, like the one showed below, you can certainly be a princess for the day. Or pop a hair vine into your intricately styled hair. You could also grab some custom made, wedding shoes which reflect your favourite moments of the series. Which house are you?
Join us on the 11-12 May 2019 at Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire for the most unique wedding showcase in the UK. Dive into our 8 wedding showcase zones including the Fantasy zone, meet our wedding birds of prey, grab lunch from the hog roast and enjoy our banqueting experience. For more information and to purchase tickets click here.
The all important team credits
Gothic Glamour photos – see more by clicking here.
- Styling and Wedding Planner: Linzi from that black & white cat weddings and Unconventional Wedding
- Photographer: Vicki from Vicki Clayson Photography
- Venue: The National Justice Museum
- Bridal wear: Fiona from Fiona Elizabeth Couture
- Flowers: Lucinda from The Flower Fairy
- Make up: Kerry from Beautiful You Beautician & MUA
- Hair: Emma from The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour Nottingham
- Model: Raven Lenore & Mike Rollason
- Millinery / Headpiece: Amy (or Doll) from Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
Game of Thrones / Dragon Photoshoot
- Design and Co-ordination – Linzi & Seb at ‘that black & white cat’ wedding planning, design and prop hire
- Venue – Makeney Hall
- Photographer – Andy Douglas photography
- Dragon – Smooge borrowed from the Derby LIVE team
- Millinery – Amy at Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
- Styling and props – Charlotte at Dylandco
- Models – Saffron and Jake
- Make up – Beth at Bettie Lottie
- Hair by Lauren at Plaits And Pin Curls – Wedding Hair Specialist
- Stationery by Nikki & Tom at Tickled Pink Wedding Stationery
- Styling – Fi at Vintage Fare – Chair Covers & Decor
- Ghost Chairs from Premier UK Events Ltd
Live you own fairytale wedding – see more by clicking here
- Bridal wear – BexBrides
- Photography – Emma Ryan Photography
- Flowers – Floral Quarter Weddings
- Venue – Jervaulx Abbey
- Accessories and Jewellery – The Lucky Sixpence
- Stationery – Made By Rae Designs
- Make up – Alexa Van Pagh MUA
- Hair – Charlotte Riley
- Models: Heather Ellison Jones, Sophie Nattras, Rhianna Lombard-Earl and Natasha Wardman
Over on the blog - more Unique wedding inspiration
Recently, we were sent these cheerful wedding photos by Freeformimages Photography and we thought you might love them! Claire and James’ big day was full of bright, personal touches and creativity. So, we thought we’d break it down into 8 colourful wedding ideas! They were pros at adding simple yet
Have you dreamed of a Star Wars inspired wedding day? From having Storm Troopers walk you down the aisle to having a light saber fight on your wedding day – there are loads of ways to incorporate Star Wars inspiration into your wedding day. Check out our top tips below!
At the time of writing this, the UK is in lockdown due to COVID-19. With spare time on my hands, I’ve been having lots of movie marathons. After days of binging, I thought it was finally time to write this blog about our favourite movie wedding themes! There’s something in
Hello, unconventional lovelies! We have some magic for you today, in the form of some badass individual wedding inspiration! This shoot combines romance, rainbow and rock n roll into something totally unique! Lea of Leuska Design is the brain behind this shoot, wanting to create something to push boundaries and
This lovely zoo wedding is sure to bring a smile to your face today! Jennifer and Jason are teenage sweethearts and had their first date at the zoo, so it was the perfect place for them to say, ‘I do’. They combined their love of Harry Potter with the sentimental
Here at UW, we’re lucky to get to visit lots of awesome, alternative wedding venues. From alpaca farms to the National Space Centre, we’ve seen it all! Your wedding venue sets the vibe of your day, so it’s important to pick one that matches your personality. We know venue hunting