With the next instalment of the Game of Thrones series just about to start, whether you are a fan of the show or not, you can’t miss it in the media. And it’s a fantastic theme for a wedding day. So check out our top tips below! And don’t forget to come along to see the Fantasy zone at The Unconventional Wedding Festival which is going to be packed with Game of Thrones inspiration as well!
Top tips to acheive this look a Game of Thrones Wedding
Get some wedding day props
Go BIG! Hire some props for your wedding day to really make an impact. Whether it’s a dragon, a throne or you have your wedding day in a castle, they’ll really make an impact. Try your local prop hire shops. Or get imaginative! The dragon (Smooge) in the picture below was borrowed from the local council and is used annually for their St Georges Day parade.
Nail your colour palette
A Game of Thrones wedding needs a rich colour palette with lots of gold, luxurious touches. Go bold with red, stacks of greenery, coloured goblets (charity shops are great for these!), gold accents and luxurious fake furs. Oh, and the odd dragon of course!
Grab your bridal cape!
Whether you are looking for some sheer coverage or the warmth of a hooded velvet cape (see also picture below), there is something for everyone with the addition of bridal cape to your wedding wardrobe. They can also be incredibly detailed, incorporate colour and definitely have the WOW factor!
Go mad on the wedding accessories!
A Game of Thrones themed wedding is wedding accessory heaven! Whether it’s a crown or a gothic inspired headpiece, like the one showed below, you can certainly be a princess for the day. Or pop a hair vine into your intricately styled hair. You could also grab some custom made, wedding shoes which reflect your favourite moments of the series. Which house are you?
More Game Of Thrones Wedding Inspiration
The all important team credits
Gothic Glamour photos – see more by clicking here.
- Styling and Wedding Planner: Linzi from that black & white cat weddings and Unconventional Wedding
- Photographer: Vicki from Vicki Clayson Photography
- Venue: The National Justice Museum
- Bridal wear: Fiona from Fiona Elizabeth Couture
- Flowers: Lucinda from The Flower Fairy
- Make up: Kerry from Beautiful You Beautician & MUA
- Hair: Emma from The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour Nottingham
- Model: Raven Lenore & Mike Rollason
- Millinery / Headpiece: Amy (or Doll) from Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
Game of Thrones / Dragon Photoshoot
- Design and Co-ordination – Linzi & Seb at ‘that black & white cat’ wedding planning, design and prop hire
- Venue – Makeney Hall
- Photographer – Andy Douglas photography
- Dragon – Smooge borrowed from the Derby LIVE team
- Millinery – Amy at Doll’s Mad Hattery – Vintage Millinery
- Styling and props – Charlotte at Dylandco
- Models – Saffron and Jake
- Make up – Beth at Bettie Lottie
- Hair by Lauren at Plaits And Pin Curls – Wedding Hair Specialist
- Stationery by Nikki & Tom at Tickled Pink Wedding Stationery
- Styling – Fi at Vintage Fare – Chair Covers & Decor
- Ghost Chairs from Premier UK Events Ltd
Live you own fairytale wedding – see more by clicking here
- Bridal wear – BexBrides
- Photography – Emma Ryan Photography
- Flowers – Floral Quarter Weddings
- Venue – Jervaulx Abbey
- Accessories and Jewellery – The Lucky Sixpence
- Stationery – Made By Rae Designs
- Make up – Alexa Van Pagh MUA
- Hair – Charlotte Riley
- Models: Heather Ellison Jones, Sophie Nattras, Rhianna Lombard-Earl and Natasha Wardman
Over on the blog - more themed wedding inspiration
Circus-Themed Fireworks Wedding Get ready to be blown away by Erika and Chris’ joyful fireworks wedding! It was a circus-themed bash that celebrated their shared love for fireworks. The day was filled fun with personal touches. The photos are seriously amazing, so keep reading to get inspired! Big love to
enid & wednesday themed wedding ideas Like many others, we have fallen in love with ‘Wednesday’, the new Addams family Netflix spin-off. We were over the moon when Lucy from Waystone Films and Nat from Velvet Moon Ceremonies created this Enid & Wednesday-themed wedding shoot! It brilliantly captures both Wednesday’s
creativecircus wedding We have another GORGEOUS real wedding for you today! Anna and Reinhard tied the knot at L’Avellana in Tarragona, Spain, with their wonderful circus wedding theme! This lovely couple incorporated their love of both swing dance and the circus into their big day, and they sure know how
alice in wonderland themed wedding Follow us down the rabbit hole for a whacky woodland wedding at the stunning Longton Wood! This Alice In Wonderland themed wedding is a sneak peek into the weird and wonderful mind of Lily Jones Events and her dream team of alternative wedding suppliers. Check
Today’s elopement shoot is all about the ‘shipwrecked wedding chic’! This pirate wedding is eclectic, free-spirited, and brilliantly bohemian. You’re gonna love this quirky theme, complete with brilliant details and unique wedding ideas. Keep reading for more vagabond romance! Coordinated by Lilia Rose Floral Design and Chocolate Falls | Photos
What do you get when you combine llamas, tractors and Zelda? Exactly this! Katy & Gabriel’s Geeky Festival Wedding took place at The Wellbeing Farm in Bolton and it was full of colourful, quirky and personal touches. This special day was photographed by Vicky Dubois Photography. Have a scroll through